Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

They do specifically mention they requested to cram in the extra stuff for the second year and do it straight away, skipping straight to their final exams, so they can graduate early and go on to do what they've set their goals on, as they feel they can affect better change there.

2. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

So then that vague impression I had, that everyone but Rean had actually managed to graduate after just one year, and only Rean was left unable to do so because of extra absences with Valimar, is actually something that was in there somewhere, then. I couldn't tell you who said that or when they said it, even now that I've seen the ending twice, but I remember thinking they had graduated, somehow, not simply dropped out, but since I couldn't remember actually seeing that in the game, I thought I might have just gotten the details jumbled. But them just quitting seemed a little extra out-of-place.

I can pretty much buy that, based on everything previous. Rean did miss a month while the others must have been doing intensive cramming to be able to graduate early, and I doubt he had enough motivation to work harder than anyone else to graduate with that extra handicap when he didn't even know what to do with himself if he didn't have school to attend. Being a student might even have protected him a little bit, from having to make any decisions on acting as the Ashen Awakener full time. I can accept that as reasonable. I'm not sure why I found it so easy to not quite get all the details after seeing it twice.

3. Vizardlorde

Vizardlorde Member

Does anyone know whose gravestone is the 2nd one quint puts flower into in a repose of soul flowers in the patched version I can on make out Sl He for, Sleeps here and the year S1--8

4. nivora

nivora Active Member

thats just TrailsOfColdSteel2.jpeg

5. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

You're not supposed to be able to read it. You'll get an answer to that in the next game.

6. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

I think it's less he missed the month and more he decides to stay on in order to find his own way, as even after he hears their plan he decides to stay on and do the process normally. They're all walking their own paths, and his is to stay there.
    Cold Steel is basically the journey of Rean of him starting off as ticking boxes off the generic protagonist sheet, and gradually finding his own identity along the way, and really what he's discovered by the end of II is that he's not really found out what he thinks he should be doing just quite yet, whereas all his friends did.
    He was too busy being dependable enough to basically be the leader holding them together for a common goal to be his own person and learn about himself all that much.

Val the Moofia Boss likes this.
  7. Kikki

Kikki Active Member

It sounds like this must be a discussion that's come up before, but regardless of the different camps of opinion, I've got my head straight on what actually happened, which made it much easier to decide how I felt about it, so thanks. :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  8. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

CS2's ending was very disappointing to me too for that reason. Not to mention some of the reasons why explained to me after seem kinda like cop-outs to me making me think things like 'well why didn't they just do that in the FIRST PLACE then?!'. But whatever

*high-fives trails of persona). Alfin is a fave of mine too, and I never see anyone else compliment her. I was really bummed out by how bad she performed during the official character ranking survey thing. To me she's Oliver+... I suppose the issue is she has very little screentime without being around Elise, and well, everyone hates Elise, so yeah.

That said, your friend.. one of those hard-set Alisa haters, you should distance yourself from your friend right away, clearly they are an awful person (joking). That said, what about poor Emma? Aparently she wins in the forgetable department.

I hated Macchias at first too, but after his story in Heimdalr, I was like hmph. ok f ine, I guess I can forgive you.. maybe.. And didn't really like him but didn't hate him. But after awhile I grew to actually like him slowly over time without any moments in particular. I think when you first meet up with him in CS2, and the god-like tier voice acting he does (in English), I just couldn't not love him after. I think his strained but friendly relationship with Jusis is also fun. Like they have chips on their shoulders with each other, but it's like they milk it just as a friendly rivalry thing, which makes you kinda forgive him more.

I disliked Emma the most by the end of CS1 but her reunion made me forgive her too. Though I still don't really like her, I just don't dislike her.

Trails of Persona likes this.
  9. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

By Royal decree this is how Alfin fans greet each other.

[​IMG]

I know Elise isn't liked (At best she's glanced over), but how can people not like Alfin? I still like Olivier more but it's an unfair comparison with how much time he gets over the course of multiple games and sagas compared to Alfin. End of the day, I adore any scene she is in just like Olivier and it must be a sad life one leads that they can't appreciate her. Her approach to teasing others is unique and memorable, and if anything I would think the fact she uses it to get under Elise's skin would be a plus to people.

While Alisa has her ups and downs in terms of character, she's at least memorable and I can appreciate her arc overall. Emma to me is overall forgettable, nothing for me to hate but nothing that stands out. Never felt like doing her bonding events which apparently you get a lot more of her story stuff doing that? I always bond with characters that I like from the story, I don't want to bond with them just to get their important character moments. As for my friend, I wasn't sure what to put down for her in those categories. For now as to his thoughts on the character.

He is interested in what is going on after seeing her talk to Celine and obviously knows more about what is going on in the old school house. However, he doesn't seem to have any solid theory on who or what she is. While not knowing her specific situation about what she knows, I was quite sure about one thing about her early on, and talking to Celine solidified my theory. His theories have ranged from she's a Goddess, she's actually a cat, to she's one of the Ironbloods. He has yet to even randomly make the correct guess.

I do like Machias more as time goes on, but he starts off in a bad way and his reasoning for his reactions are a bit iffy to me. I know people are emotional beings and as with Laura's arc it's understandable, but with the bigger themes of the story I thought it would be much deeper than what we got. Still, that moment in CS II did tug at my heart strings. As for his interactions with Jusis, it was annoying at the beginning but after the stuff in Bareahard it became endearing.

10. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

I've got a timeline question regarding Zero:

I just reached the part of Zero where Estelle and Joshua show up to help with the broken-down bus, and when talking to her, Estelle mentions it's been three months since she last saw Tita. Working under the assumption that she's referring to the events of the 3rd, I'm a bit lost on the chronology - I believe 3rd takes place only a couple of months after the events of SC (which took place in late 1202 I believe), which would put it around early 1203. I also assumed Zero took place in 1204, as there are events which I understand take place in parallel with the end of CS1 and into CS2 (late 1204). Does Zero cover a longer timeframe than I imagined, spanning across 1203-1204? Or did I get the chronology of 3rd or SC wrong? Or was Estelle referring to a point after the 3rd when she saw Tita? (or is this a translation error?)

11. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

You didn't get your chronology of SC/The 3rd wrong in any way that's significant (it's six months between games and SC actually ends in early 1203), Zero does begin in early 1204 (events can be cross-referenced with things happening in Cold Steel) and it's not a translation error; we noticed the same things in Japanese. It looks like Falcom was playing fast and loose with the timeline, is what I'd say right now.

12. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Ah, okay, I was wrong enough that if I wasn't wrong, I wouldn't even have noticed any inconsistencies - didn't realize the events of SC bled into 1203, or that the gap between SC and the 3rd was quite that long. Zero beginning in early 1204 now makes sense to me.

13. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

Yesterday finished the Roer section of CS I and something stood out to me knowing a big piece of information from CS2.

There's that part where the Provincial Army and the RMP are facing off in the city and Claire has the upper hand when Rufus comes in. Never thought about it before but just knowing what happens up to that point it seems strange that Rufus would just tell Claire how he arrived to the city unnoticed and give her advice being on the Chancellor's side. However, when you find out at the end of CS2 that he is an Ironblood, it all makes sense that he would helpful but not in an overt way.

So looking at probably finishing CS1 sometime tomorrow with my friend and it has been a ride with his guesses and everything. Some of his reactions to certain things.

Man still can't admit Olivert is awesome and is actually smart. He did freak out at the Courageous reveal and didn't expect anything like that to show up. He still has no idea what Emma is and is adamant that she is a Goddess of some sort, or his second guess is she is an Ironblood.

Best moment is where if you've played the Sky games, you get pretty much a confirmation of who Sharon is and how she is affiliated with a certain group. My friend, who up to this point assumed anyone with a hint of suspicion was part of Ouroboros, was confused and was like "I don't know what's going on". I gave a big sigh and when he asked what that was for I told him I would explain later. After all the exposition from the post Roer stuff, it finally dawned on him. However, this reveal shows that he has a very simplified view of things, where he now believes Sharon is going to betray the group because if she's part of the organization she is absolutely evil. Maybe eventually he'll understand not to take anything at face value and outside very specific characters they aren't just one thing.

Looking forward to seeing his reactions to how the rest of the game plays out

14. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

Something I heard before that I wanted to ask about: I heard Crow's character was conceived or planned out all the way back in the Sky Trilogy? I was wondering if this was true or if there's any more info on it. I think I remember hearing it was said in an interview?

15. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

It is indeed true; Kondo mentioned this at the first JDK Acoustic Live & Talk Show in 2014. Here's the exact bit:
    He did add that because some things were incorporated into games made between FC and CS1 and new developments came up, the Cold Steel games had a number of changes from the original plan ten years earlier.

Random aside: During the talk Kondo also mentioned how some things were changed in FC during its development. Cassius was originally supposed to die, but they changed it to him going missing instead. In both cases the rationale was 'well, if he was around there would be nothing to challenge Estelle and co because Daddy would take care of it all'. :D Also, Orbments were originally going to be called 'Prisms'. I hadn't remembered that bit and thought it was interesing.

Cold_Steel_IV likes this.
  16. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

Thank you Yotaka!

Hmm, I wonder if there would have been any significant lore changes if orbments ultimately were these "Prisms"....

After the series reaches completion, I'd be really interested to see what other alternate ideas they'd had and went through. I imagine there would be a lot of interesting things.

17. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

Happy 15th anniversary to Trails everyone!

Anyone got any last second predictions for what will be announced later this week?

Personally, my hopes are for a Trails in the Sky the 3rd-esque game* that focuses on showing off some of the things they couldn't in Sen IV, tying up some loose ends, and setting up the next Arcs. Would love to get more info on Ouroboros, the Church, and especially (for me)
    Phantasma.

I'd love it if the game starred/heavily featured
    Scarlet, Thoma, Rixia, and Wald (as they were already teased). I'd also think Gaius and Wazy would be sure-ins, maybe even the main protagonists. I hope they expand on some of the other characters, too, though, like Claire and Lechter -- who is one of my favorite characters. Gu4n recently Tweet this: "Skimmed through the Sen Character Maniacs book. Looots of data, but hardly anything new. Just little teases here and there: Elliot might show up in the future during music-related events, and 'Might a female knight who admires Laura like she admired the Lance Maiden show up'?" (Source: https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/1142865651327021056), so maybe we could also get more Elliot and Laura, or maybe this (possibly new) female knight?

I'd also really like it if we could explore Jurai and North Ambria and maybe have a playable Crossbell Liberation, but I dunno if that's too much to hope for, haha.

*I'd be fine with a Sen IV DLC, too, which is also probably most likely, but I feel like a DLC would be too short compared to just another smaller game.

18. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

We are proud to announce moving the rest of the series on a great new platform exclusively... MOBILE!!!

Im kidding dont murder me. I always half expect that from western devs though.

19. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

That is in many respects probably what happened with the NISA partnership. Falcom needed some way to reclaim the sales they lost with Sony EOLing the Vita, and the Switch is pretty much the only major mobile console around. NIS (not NISA) had the 'expertise' to do Switch releases, and NISA likely tagged along as part of the wider deal. A true cellphone "mobile" release is likely only not in the offing because the margins there aren't what Falcom wants, but the company is perfectly port happy when it comes to their games, so long as they're not the one footing the bill for the effort.

20. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

An extra scenario offered in the form of DLC, either showing things happening alongside the events of CS4 or very shortly after the end and designed to fill in some gaps in the story and the lore and to serve as an additional bridge to the next arc which Falcom hasn't admitted is Calvard but...it's going to be Calvard. We pretty much have everything we need already (about as much foreknowledge as we had of Erebonia, and more than we had for Crossbell) but getting a little more can't hurt.

I suspect that we've gotten as much on Ouroboros as we're going to get until the next arc properly begins, but given the teased character artwork I'm pretty sure we'll learn at least a little bit about the Church in whatever this new project is.
    On Ouroboros, they dropped a huge pile of lore bricks on our head with the final scene in the Celestial Globe (and even before that, what Mariabell and Campanella say before they exit stage left) and I don't think Falcom's going to give us more than that until the final phase of Orpheus starts in earnest.

On the Church, between Scarlet and Wald we've got the chance to resolve some lingering questions from the previous games and possibly see Wazy and Abbas again (or at least learn what they've been up to) so there's that, and now that the cat is out of the bag for the players on what the Church has been hiding from the general public, there's a chance we could get a little more information on the Outside and how much (if anything) the rank and file Gralsritter and the Congregation for the Sacraments know about it.

On Phantasma, the way that it came up again in CS4 pretty much guarantees future mentions, but I'm not sure this would be the project for it. But if Falcom wants to make a Phantasma-like game out of this project (or just a big dungeon) we already know that the Gnomes could make facilities with some similar properties.

On that note, I'm calling that if this is a DLC scenario we'll get both a 'story' dungeon and something akin to the Reverie Corridor where there's a randomly generated dungeon that we can go through for goodies but which isn't required, possibly involving another 'everyone is playable' scenario like the end of CS2.

- I agree that I want more Lechter (he's one of my favorites too) but I think they're probably going to save him for the future. He managed to make it through the arc alive and out of prison so that means his other ongoing plot thread is still open for future development. I don't really think this is the best time to work on that one; it seems probable to me that they wait until an appropriate time in the future (possibly until the very end, unless we get another situation like Mille Mirage before that where multiple casts meet up) before going there. Some mentions of what he and Claire do in the aftermath of CS4 wouldn't be out of place though, assuming we get postgame content and not something happening in parallel.

- I'm pretty sure the character mentioned in Gu4n's tweet is meant to be Duvalie. You can count the number of characters who admire the Lance Maiden and who could also be called female knights on exactly three fingers. I don't have the actual Japanese text on hand but Guan knows his stuff so I assume he caught all the details. Duvalie is the one whose whole 'thing' is how much she admired Lianne and she comes to respect Laura over the course of CS4. Also, one of the last things that Lianne does is tell Laura to continue her family's tradition of taking the middle initial S, which effectively makes the Arseids the official heirs to Lianne's legacy. Note that Duvalie was there and heard this.

Plus, this sort of teasing generally amounts to 'stuff that will happen in the future but we don't want to say so directly' and between Duvalie's general attitude throughout the endgame and the final scene in the Celestial Globe, you can safely bet money that she and the other Stahlritter are going to return in the future.

- A playable (or at least more detailed) Crossbell liberation would be incredible. It basically happened offscreen both times we 'saw' it, with CS4 only giving us a few more details. And I could see a visit to Jurai at some point (if only because Crow made that promise to Stark) and while some of the mystery of the Salt Pale has now been cleared up there's still more we could potentially learn about it. I'm not sure we need to see Haliask in person in order to get it, however.