Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

This is assuming the series doesn't actually have a meta-world plot twist at some point in the future, Campanella is (initially) the only one in-universe who realizes he's in a video game, and the Grand Master is actually Toshihiro Kondo (the Orpheus Final Plan is literally Kondo trying to come up with a plot for the series).

Cold_Steel_IV and Yotaka like this.
  2. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Hey, hey! It's still an in-game reference to the Enforcer numbering scheme, so there. :p

ROFL! Actually, I've been joking for years now that Campanella is Kondo's self-insertion. I may yet be proven right...

Cold_Steel_IV likes this.
  3. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

There was actually one other thing I was hoping to ask you, Yotaka.

Spoilers for Cold Steel IV:
    On a scale of greatness ranging from Campanella's trolling to Cassius's mustache, how awesome was it for you when you first heard that Super Arranged version of Enforcers during that McBurn fight? ;D

4. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

That is a very specific range of greatness, but I'm going to have to say without hesitation that it was a ten (ie, Cassius' moustache-level awesome). I've been waiting to hear that play in-game since it first came out and that was one hell of a way to make it finally happen.

5. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

Wait what!?

*Youtube's what you are talking about*

Oh Aidios, this is something I didn't know existed and is something I need right now!

Seriously though, despite problems I may have with any individual games there are always hype moments that make me come back more a fanboy than ever.

On the note of playing through SC with my friend, I successfully managed to mislead him from the spoiler and the moment I was waiting for happened

As soon as Olivier stated next we meet shall be as foes he was flabbergasted and is now interested in what happens next with his character. Knowing all the information while he flails in the wind makes it fun to see him come up with guesses on what is going on. Now the journey to the next moment to see his reaction.

Did give him a bit of a hard time for not taking Olivier seriously.

6. Cold_Steel_IV

Cold_Steel_IV Member

Whew! Good save!

7. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Oh yes, there are some amazing arranged songs that haven't shown up in the games. There's also a few that have, like Maybe It Was Fated (Instrumental Ver.) appearing in The 3rd, or Inevitable Struggle SAV appearing in Azure. Or Aria of the Saint showing up in every subsequent Cold Steel game. :D But yeah, if you haven't had a listen to the various arranged albums you really need to.

This is one of life's little joys. Even if you're only one game ahead of somebody, getting to watch them come up with ideas and try to figure out what's going on is a ton of fun. It's one of the reasons I love watching people playing through the series for the first time, especially runs of FC or CS1.

8. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Completely random aside, I remember a time when I was probably considered the most vehement about Falcom/Trails failings. Don't think I ever crossed into outright crazy though.

@alena could you perhaps do something about the poster that's doing little beyond actively trolling?

9. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

If you haven't had the misfortune of seeing how he behaves elsewhere on the internet you can count yourself fortunate And nope, even at your most vehement in discussing failings in the series you've never been a fraction that bad. And you contribute stuff to the discussion. Which reminds me yet again that I neeed to put some of my new crack ideas down on paper...

10. jumpyjunpeii

jumpyjunpeii Member

AND your big Sen 4 write up, don't forget! ;)

11. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

@Yotaka got an additional question that was touched upon here but I don't think it was gone into great detail.

While WWZ was in the process of breaking out, do we have any sense as to what the Septian Church's objective actually was? I mean, there's the immediate goal of course to averting global (or at least continental) war, but did the church give the impression on being any more up the take about Osborne's endgame of trying to eliminate Ishmelga and the Great Power than any of the other factions at play? IE, could any of the things they did be interpreted in a different light as to having objectives beyond whatever the immediate crisis was? Sort of like how Kevin was there to help deal with Liber Ark, yes, sorta, but he was also there to execute Weisman. Do we get that in CS4 as well, on a lesser or grander scale?

12. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Unfortunately our only window on the Church at the point that Osborne's endgame is revealed is Gaius and he is infuriatingly unhelpful in such matters. We got more relevant information about the Church's actions out of Rosine throughout the final two games than we do out of Gaius.

What we do know is that the Church first wanted to prevent the Great Twilight from starting if they could (implying that the Church sees the relatively minor influence of the curse as something preferable and more containable) but once the Nameless One is killed they go into full crisis containment mode and had plans in place in advance, so they were thinking ahead. We know they had at least five Dominions operating around Erebonia at the height of the Twilight (when two were considered sufficient to deal with the reality-rewriting Azure Demiourgos) which indicates just how seriously they took the situation, but there's no indication from Gaius that the Church knew or suspected that Osborne was trying to eliminate Ishmelga. It wouldn't surprise me if Ein knew/suspected this, but we can't confirm that and since the final Rivalries had to happen anyways, we can't take any of Gaius' actions as evidence one way or the other.

The one helpful thing we do get out of Gaius at the very end of the game is that the Church has been aware of the Outsude the whole time and deliberately hide this from the public in the name of preventing mass panic. They likewise attribute the appearance of Outside phenomena like the Salt Pale and demons to Aidios or things related to her, because that keeps most people from thinking too hard about it.

We don't know how much the Church knows about the 'nothingness of all' and Ouroboros' motivations at this point. They definitely would want to prevent this 'nothingness' but we don't know whether they're aware it's coming or what it is. My guess is that if nobody else does, Ein and the Pope are aware and doing something about it. I also very strongly suspect that the Church and Ouroboros have similar goals and were possibly started for similar reasons, diverging in method more than in purpose. But that's more in the vein of crack theories than anything confirmed by the games.

13. Trails of Persona

From starting the first game it took over 100 hours of game play, but we finally got to that moment. Of course it was a rollercoaster to that point, but it was definitely the moment that got him.

I was getting my friend ready for Kloe's part, because that is a pretty great part on its own. However, when Olivert comes walking down that's where it starts getting good. My friend goes silent for a bit and wonders who that person is. Right before Zech's say your highness he figures out it's Olivier and with that remark he loses it. I keep going and after that initial outburst he goes silent and voices his parts. After we get through the scene and Olivier says you have to fool your friends to fool you enemies, he just goes "YOU ARE OLIVIER". I can't put words to describe the moments, but all this happening at once getting him confused and causing a range of emotions was great.

Alas, with this part done he still has not become an Olivier fan and I fear he is forever lost. I imagine he will be joining Ouroboros soon, but not as Bleublanc

AttentionDeficitGuy likes this.
  14. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Even Olivier the hunter of love can't win them all... xD

15. AttentionDeficitGuy

*cries in lute*

16. Trails of Persona

It is quite lamentable. My friend seems to find himself being more of a Mueller type, acts all annoyed with Olivier's antics. However, I believe that means deep down he loves the man but just doesn't have that emotional maturity to come out and admit it. I await him to let it out a little bit at some point, perhaps with Olivier doing his thing and than muttering "Stupid Sexy Olivier". There are two kinds of people when it comes to Olivier, us loud and proud Oliviersexuals, and those like my friend in the closet about it.

17. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Every Kiseki fan is Oliviersexual and Wazysexual whether they acknowledge it or not.

Trails of Persona likes this.
  18. AttentionDeficitGuy

Okay, gameplay-related question now instead of a lore question: I've just learned that you can apparently import Vita/PS3 saves into Cold Steel Decisive Edition. So twofold question: (1) how true is this? and (2) does it work for clear saves (could you load a Vita clear save and do a NG+ run on PS4 right off the bat)?

19. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Yes.
    It's a one-way trip is the only restriction I believe.

(I think you just use the originals' cross save feature and the PS4 version pulls from that).

AttentionDeficitGuy likes this.
  20. Trails of Persona

Oliviersexual for life! I don't know anything about Wazy but from his design I already dig him so there is that. Gotta say, Falcom is going the wrong way with the series going for Waifu's instead of the Husbando's. While a number of the female characters are great I find myself going gay for a number of the male characters. Olivier, Cassius, and Victor are definitely at the top of the list for me. I think for the next arc they need to course correct and make all the great Kiseki guys datable.

On a very different note, tomorrow my friend and I will finally finish SC, and there was a part that got me crying now knowing context.

When Estelle hugs Renne after seeing Renne emotionally shattered got me in tears. Knowing what she went through after her parents gave her up as well as knowing the parents side of the story I just couldn't hold it back. I was interested in Renne at the end of the second game but knowing everything the various scenes with her are just heart breaking.

Kikki likes this.