Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Some of the first two's was due to licensing deals of how they were distributed I think.
    They managed to get the Joshua and Estelle outfits and that was tricky if I recall, but the most deserving to wrangle if ever there were any.

2. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

I might just be a bit of a Gagharv nerd. xD And it's all very fresh in my mind thanks to floofy's recent streams as well.

The localized name is 'Song of the Ocean' and the original Japanese name is 'Cagesong of the Ocean. There's really nothing lost in omitting the first bit. On the same note, the first game in the trilogy is 'The White Witch' in Japanese but 'Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch' in English. I'm used to playing the trilogy in Japanese so I tend to slip into using those names when talking about the games.

CS1 and 2 had preorder-exclusive costumes and DLC that you'd get from magazines and guidebooks, which XSEED wasn't able to get but I'm not surprised since they tended to be things like giving uniforms based on the stores where you could preorder which only exist in Japan anyways. One store did have modifications to the Thors uniforms to make them look more like the Jenis uniforms which was kind of cool. For III and IV, there are also shop-specific preorder costumes that NISA will probably not be able to get (mostly swimsuits or quirky casual outfits) but the stuff like the 'magical girl/princess knight' themed outfits are paid DLC so NISA should be able to get those with no trouble. Not as sure about the Utawarerumono collaborative outfit though.

3. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

I see, thanks =)

4. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

On phone. Forgive.

Cs 2. Legram. Lina, unimportortant npc. Vanishes in fog and returns... doesn't seem important but is it?.

5. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, she didn't vanish into the fog, she was hiding in one of the other buildings because she was afraid to go back out into the fog and they thought she was missing. It doesn't come up again later in any case.

6. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Man am I loving the cast in Zero. I think I already like it more than the Sky cast, although it seems familiar and more of the same, just more to my liking. The Sky characters were already good, but there is some nice variety in Crossbell as well. I know characters and tons of them is the name of the game in Kiseki, but this bunch really connects with me. Also I have to say the beginning of this game has a better flow, you start out with 4 characters, which is pretty rare in JRPGs and the story basically starts right up from the beginning then finds a steady pace and you get to know the 4 mains pretty fast. I think being able to lay on the foundation that Sky created allows these things but I am really enjoying the 50 hours I have put in so far. I am on Chapter 3 day 4 now.

7. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

I wish floofy's popcorn emote worked on this board because I'm getting some ready right now. You've got a lot of fun ahead of you. :D

8. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Replaying Trails SC, and one early-game line stood out to me:

When Kevin and Julia go down to the Zemurian ruins to investigate the Ring Guardian's remains, Kevin mentions that it was similar to another robot that was unearthed in Calvard

So basically, has this been addressed in future entries at all? (If the answer contains spoilers for Crossbell or CS3/CS4, a simple yes or no, but if not, an explanation reminding me would be more than welcome!)

9. AnimeGamer183

AnimeGamer183 Well-Known Member

Is this in response to me? If there is something planned, I have no idea, do tell.

I am already having plenty of fun and a relaxing time going through Zero, I am really glad I started playing this when I did, my Kiseki journey continues :D

10. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Yes it was, because I know exactly what's coming over the next few hours and I'm eagerly looking foward to your reactions to it.

It hasn't been directly addressed so far but there are two fairly obvious ways to take it:
    The first interpretation is simply that large robots aren't unique to Liberl and we can expect to find them anywhere the pre-Collapse civilizations can be found, so there's nothing inherently unique about whatever was found in Calvard that they'll be pinning a future story on. I'm leaning more in this direction now since we just got a four-game arc where manned mecha were central to the plot and it would be kind of weird to repeat the focus on mecha in Calvard instead of introducing something new. The second possibility is that there is something special about whatever Kevin mentions and it's going to be important in the same way that Reverie was as a backstory element, without being central to the Calvard arc in the way that Divine Knights were to Erebonia. But at this point we don't know one way or the other.

Either way, it's a good line to use on anyone who claims that Cold Steel somehow 'ruined' the series by introducing giant robots since this is something that's been there since the start. xD

AttentionDeficitGuy likes this.
  11. Trails of Persona

Trails of Persona Active Member

So got into the Grancel portion of SC with my friend, aka let's really put in the world building and setting up for Crossbell and Erebonia. There are so many parts in this area where knowing context of later games and stuff about characters changes how I view scenes. Two major ones with major spoilers for stuff throughout all three sagas.

There's the part where Renne tells Estelle what her father told her, and knowing the contents of Star Door 15 that made that much more a punch to the gut. I also know about the truth about her parents when you get to meet them in the Crossbell games (watched a video that showed off that part), and it really puts everything into perspective. My friend knows none of that stuff so he's just taking it all at straight value.

Another big one for me was at the Erebonia embassy, with a very subtle hint about Oliviers mission in Liberl, one which only sticks out knowing about his identity and what he does in Cold Steel. I never had him on me when meeting Cassius at the fort so never saw the line about "don't forget your own mission". Then at the Embassy, you hear how Osborne asked the Emperor to agree to a nonaggression pact before the engines were even put on the table, which surprised those in the know. Once back outside you have a moment where Olivier is serious and looking towards the Embassy before remarking he was just in the moment. Little details that can be passed over even on a replay is so great.

12. jumpyjunpeii

jumpyjunpeii Active Member

Make sure Olivier and Kloe are present when you head to the villa. Or has that already happened?

13. Trails of Persona

The Villa stuff happens before you head to the embassies, and I definitely made sure to have them both in the party. He's not terribly fond of Olivier, but he's a Kloe fan so I make sure she's included in scenes that build up more of her story, and that's a great character building scene for her that you can easily miss.

14. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, there's so much of that going on. And like you put under the spoiler tag, so much stuff that you can miss on a replay even when you're looking for it. There's a line they buried back in FC which set up soomething that finally got expanded on (but not explained) in Cold Steel 3, seven games later.

15. jumpyjunpeii

jumpyjunpeii Active Member

Hah, I was referring to the Dreichels mention, actually, but that's good too!

16. Trails of Persona

Really shows how much care they put into the details. Also, no other game or other type of fictional work has ever got me this invested so much into a world, but this series got me to understand how exciting it can be when you get even that smallest of lore drops.

There is that too and when Olivier mentioned him it got me all giddy. Funny thing is my friend does not take anything Olivier says or does seriously at all, which means certain events that he helps set up and foreshadows for later in the series will really surprise him. There's a certain point in playing these games that you realize that even if at face value it seems like a joke, what is being said might be hinting at something more.

17. LrdDimwit

LrdDimwit Member

Not taking Olivier seriously is a mistake. Sure, he goofs around a lot. And boy, is THAT an understatement. But every time he gets serious, he demonstrates himself to be intelligent and capable. Hell, he demonstrates himself to be capable while he's goofing around.

18. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Oh boy, yes. Olivier's first scene is a perfect illustration of this. He manages to correctly peg Estelle and co as Bracers even after they've hidden their badges and only puts on the goofy act when Joshua starts asking how Olivier could figure that out, correctly deducing that there's more to him than meets the eye. Said act immediately diverts attention from what he had done on to what he was doing and Estelle and Joshua don't bring it up again. It's a brilliant first look at his character..

LrdDimwit likes this.
  19. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Quick question regarding Olivier at the end of CS4.
    Or technically the entire imperial family. What's the order of succession now that Cedric's gone awol?

20. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Olivier officially disinherited himself in order to avoid any possibility of a succession crisis. There's precident for technically illegitimate children inheriting the throne in the absence of any other viable candidates (ie, Dreichels) so he made it definite that he didn't want the throne.. Alfin was second in line to inherit after Cedric so as things stand she'll become the Empress when Eugent dies or abdicates.

There's real-world precedent for reinstating someone into the linc of succession but even if that were done with Olivier as a 'just in case' measure it would still put him behind Alfin since he was out of the line and would be reinstated at the bottom of the order and she's Eugent's legitimate child while Olivier isn't.