Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Ringwraith

Ringwraith Well-Known Member

Which is fair considering you are only allowed two points of leeway of actually achieving A-rank yourself.

2. AttentionDeficitGuy

AttentionDeficitGuy Well-Known Member

Then my original run of the game wasn't flawed, it was canon! HAH!

nivora likes this.
  3. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

In canon she is rank B BEFORE sc's major endgame dungeon. You would think that kinda deserves some kinda promotion. I mean Im not disagreeing with what people say here. Just that it DOES seem pretty silly that estelle wouldnt be the first after all that she did and such.

4. Ringwraith

It was a group effort though, whilst Estelle's hogging all the bracer points!
    Some bracers are actually promoted because of their involvement in the various events of Sky.
    I assume everyone guessed Estelle is still B because
    Sara being the youngest A-rank if Estelle reached A due to the events of Sky would mean Sara achieved it within a year of fully joining the guild, which is a bit implausibly fast for this series as it likes to keep some realistic expectations; like you might be a child prodigy with technology, but you're still physically a kid and therefore aren't sturdy in a fight.

Mechakoopa likes this.
  5. Marx-93

Marx-93 Active Member

I think Crossbell confirmed that Estelle was B-rank, and I think it was mentioned again in Sen III through Agate (Agate is now A-rank though).

6. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

I realize it was a group thing but they all looked at estelle as the leader. It was even mentioned several times her being like why me.

Being promoted to A within a year is silly too yeah. But i mean, the amount of responsibility estelle got and made out ok with is evwn more silly imo.

Again im not arguing facts here. But rather just one of the opinions of the series I think is a bit odd.

7. civac2

civac2 Member

You are overrating Estelle's role a bit. She is a good leader but if she had not been up to the task Zin or Shera could have easily stepped in. I also don't think the nominal leadership role means that much in a relatively small group of competent and experienced people. It's mostly a bit of coordination and maybe encouragement. The only one who required a bit more guidance was Joshua.

8. zwabbit

zwabbit Active Member

Estelle did not actually serve in any actual formal "leader" role for most of Sky. Sky FC in every region she reported to the local bracer guild and took her marching orders from them, and half the time she was in the field there was a senior bracer, such as Scherazard, Agate, or Zin, as civac2 pointed out, that was actually calling the shots. In Sky SC, she spent a good chunk of that game under the tutelage/command of Scherazard or Agate, depending on which you chose, and even in the second half most of the time there was still someone acknowledged to be the one giving orders in the group, and it usually wasn't her. It was only really at the end of Sky SC, when you were exploring Liber Ark, where she was actually given full field authority to issue orders to the others. You play as Estelle as the player character, and so the game gives you a lot of latitude to do what you wanted. But that's not the same as Estelle narratively actually being the "leader."

Actual question. Chloe Barnett from Akatsuki no Kiseki. There is a warning to keep her away from sugar. Do we have the details of this noodle incident?

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    Mechakoopa likes this.
  9. Ringwraith

Yeah, it's important to note the viewpoint character is not always in charge.
    Like for example Cold Steel's future-prologue where Sara is clearly in charge.

(Also tag your spoilers please!)

Mechakoopa likes this.
  10. Whimsical

Whimsical Member

The Crossbell Arc effectively mentions that both Estelle and Joshua are B-rank Bracers. Whether this is because of internal politics, or a veiled attempt at a cover (must be much easier to move around as a Bracer if you aren't a star-player), or because Falcom wanted to present A-rank Bracers as a much more powerful group, that's what they are in the Crossbell games.

Given the passage of time in later games, it seems fairly likely they would've moved up in rank by now, or are keeping a low profile.

FWIW and as an addendum; S-rank Bracers are a very special kind of ranking and considered unofficial rank. There's a fairly good chance that these S-rank heroes may be based on a certain Chinese mythology.

Finally, I wouldn't bother trying to evaluate too much or put too much stock in the power rankings in the Trails game. Not only are they wildly off, it's far too hard to get a good measure when so much of the cast and the most powerful tend to be incredibly modest about it (save for two to three).

11. civac2

civac2 Member

I doubt the bracer organization would act like that. If Estelle is B rank that almost certainly means that and no more is what the promotion board thinks she deserves.

12. LrdDimwit

LrdDimwit Member

So have they established exactly which parts of SC aren't canon? If
    Estelle doesn't get A rank canonically, is the change that doing all the things that get you BP still isn't enough to get an A rank? Or does it mean that Estelle just didn't do all of them?
    Either way, all of the game can't be canon. Even if it is
    just the BP scale

13. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

pretty sure it's all canon. Saying it's not because the canon rank isn't hte same as what you could earn doesn't mean much since there's no way to do that without making it so rank was completely scripted all along, which would be boring. Some of the bps earned are pretty silly anyway. For example you earn some bp in Zeiss by doing exactly what Kilika tells you NOT to do, and not because it was some kinda moment of genius that makes all the difference either.

14. Marx-93

Marx-93 Active Member

Like @Ghaleon says, some BP bonus are for really silly stuff that didn't change much and you could only find through guides.

Furthermore, given the game changes some dialogue a bit depending on your Bracer level I would also hesitate calling anything not A 'uncanon'.

15. Erpy

Erpy Active Member

You could argue that the "canon" outcome of the Chapter 6 "unwinnable battle" was Estelle holding out, but not outright beating the opposition. Heck, the battle itself is pretty much impossible to win before the time limit runs out unless you use specific exploits and make preparations beforehand and Estelle was at a severe disadvantage to begin with, so I don't have too much trouble believing the "hold out" outcome. Merely holding your ground loses you 3 BP, which is enough to disqualify you from A-rank.

16. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

It's actually pretty simple if you play on normal difficulty... I think it scales more with harder settings which you are recalling atm.

17. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

Im clean Ng playing nightmare TiTs atm. Just curious what the notable bosses are. So far I havent had much issue with any but the lurker thing by the ravennue mine (or however you spell it).

Does agility actually work in fc? I hear it matters but it did fat all in 3rd for me.

18. civac2

civac2 Member

Ruan final boss (the Mayor's dogs)
    Dorothy dog ambush
    Special Ops on Carnelia tower roof
    Zeiss, Ritter Roadway monster quest
    Penguin
    Special Ops with halberds at the Villa
    Lorence

Are you talking about increasing agility or the Sylphen Gurad art?

19. Ghaleon

Ghaleon Active Member

Both actually. I stacked agi armor and accessories on a couple people AND used sylphen guard and they never seemed to dodge any more than usual. (And usual is like. Dodge once every 30 attacks r so).

Thanks though. I expected the ruan final boss to be tough since it was noticeably harder already.

I gor a game over on the sheep bridge ambush. Killed the first 4. But the 2nd 4 were mean and focus fired me. What the heck am I supposed to do about that qq.

20. civac2

civac2 Member

Regarding agility, in FC and SC it's not possible to obtain enough of it to make a much of a difference. In third many enemies have absurd amounts of dexterity. For example the soldiers with
    Cid
    hit about 50% of their shots when they are freaking blinded.

Unfortunately, I do not understand how evasion and accuracy actually work. Sylphen Guard in SC probably gives you some amount of evasion. It is quite good. It doesn't seem to do that in the PC version of The Third, though possibly in the PS3 version. No idea about FC.

Last edited: May 9, 2018