Ask Us About Kiseki

Discussion in 'The Legend of Heroes Series' started by omgfloofy, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Clear data never transfers your difficulty level over to another game. Also, if you beat FC on Nightmare with no carryover you'll find most of SC easy if you play it on Normal. I'd probably start on Hard if you're looking for a challenge.

There are, uh, some moments like that. Less than you might be expecting but some.

As of the most recent game, most significant deaths occur in the backstory or off-camera. If you want a specific number (and answering the second question behind the tag as well), it's
    Between three and five, depending on if you count two unusual situations. As of Sen, no playable characters have technically died but the most recent arc is heading in a direction where it's a very real possibility

I believe you can find a few on nico.

2. VanKadix

VanKadix New Member

Even though I probably won't understand them and risk spoiling myself more than I already have, I would find something like that amusing to see.

3. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

For your question about Kiseki Paranoia- this really does with what you initially described it to be: that random NPC's are tied with some sort of antagonist.

I'll use FC (end-game FC spoilers, even!) examples below a spoiler cut.

The whole ordeal with Alba = Weismann is a very good example. An NPC that doesn't seem to have much power in relation to the story turns out to be the villain. This is NOT the first time the games do this, either. You need to watch EVERYONE, because the/a villain is usually RIGHT THERE somehow. "Kiseki Paranoia" comes about after multiple betrayals in-game, the players soon start freaking out and suspecting EVERYONE they meet. Oh? So-and-so has a portrait? MAIN VILLAIN FLAG. So-and-so has a voice? DEFINITELY MAIN VILLAIN FLAG. That sort of thing. How Alba happened certainly won't be your last encounter with a villain that way.

4. drunkenmonkey

drunkenmonkey New Member

This may be a bit off topic, what I want to know about is Joshua's tune that he plays at the end of fc. I've also heard this in the gagharv games and during the falcom logo in sc. What is the significance of this or what is this referencing.

5. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

You know most of the information about the song already through FC. It's called The Whereabouts of the Stars (or Light, in the localization) and it's a popular song in Erebonia. It plays over the logo in FC and SC because Falcom sometimes does stuff like that in place of their company jingle. You haven't heard it in Gagharv, not in there at all. Possibly you're thinking of Unforgivable Troublemaker, whose melody was incorporated into Silver Will.

6. BlueEarth

BlueEarth New Member

Does Estelle become a regular messiah or a super messiah like a father?

7. drunkenmonkey

drunkenmonkey New Member

Nope not thinking of that, could be one of Forte's or a Leone melody from Song of the Ocean that it reminded me of.

8. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Could be, you hear quite a few variations on Leone's theme, though my favorite somehow didn't make the cut in the PSP game.
    In the sense that she does some pretty impressive things and helps save Liberl (while admitting that it was everyone working together that made it possible) the answer is 'yes'. If you mean whether she becomes as awesome as Cassius, well, not yet but she's certainly making an effort.
    As of her appearance in Zero, she's mastered one of Cassius' regular Crafts and his S-Craft, she's become acquainted with a similarly broad network of awesome people and she's helped solve some major incidents.

9. Karrion42

Karrion42 New Member

Hi, I made an account today just so I could take part in this thread. I'm kind of a... spoilerphile, but as of now, I can't possibly even dream of playing the japanese games and are still waiting for FC for PC to start playing them.

Seeing as I can ask anything about the story, expect lots from me :rolleyes:

I'll start with two of them that I've been really curious about for some time:

Who is Garcia Rossi and why you fight him?

What is Galeria Fortress? I'm curious about this because I LOVE Atrocious Raid and found that it sounds when you visit it in Sen.

I've put both of them in spoiler tags because I don't know even if the existence of the things I've asked is spoiler or not :x

10. overthebarrier

overthebarrier New Member

These aren't MAJOR spoilers, more like setting information, but I'll cut it anyway.

Garcia Rossi
    He is the right-hand man of Marconi, the leader of the Revache mafia. He's probably the most competent guy they have and can switch between civility and incredible violence in the blink of an eye.

He used to be part of the Travellers of the West Wind mercenary band and had the nickname Killing Bear. Meeting someone who used to be part of the Travellers' rival group, the Red Constellation, is enough to make him revert to old habits.

You fight him because the Special Support Section foils one of the Revache's plots rather spectacularly and then Garcia gets his old mercenary blood boiling.

Mercenaries are REALLY SCARY in the world of Kiseki.

Garrelia Fortress
    The giant fortress that guards the border between the Empire and Crossbell. It faces Bellguard Gate, one of Crossbell's two military outposts, directly. It also contains the two rail cannons, which are the most advanced weapons in Zemuria at this point and could literally annihilate everyone in Crossbell in one shot. Crossbell's armaments are a joke, so if the Empire ever decided to seriously invade, they could roll over Bellguard like it was made out of tissue paper.

There are NPCs we like in Bellguard, so this would be very sad.

Garrelia mainly symbolizes the threat of military force that hangs over Crossbell at all times.

11. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board and ask away!

One little expansion to this, which is a general setting issue and might help correct a possible misunderstanding coming from a line in Trails that was a bit vague. Spoil-tagged just because.

The term Jaeger (German for Hunter) is used in the series to refer to the best trained, best equipped and generally scariest mercenaries around. They aren't a homogenous entity and there are individual Jaeger groups just like there are individual mercenary groups. Sen shows the difference nicely, introducing the mercenary group Bugbear, who are dangerous in their own way but nothing near the level of the any Jaegers we've seen. The Jesters mentioned in FC are one of the half dozen or so Jaeger groups we've seen in the series so far.

12. Karrion42

Karrion42 New Member

I'll still keep the questions in spoilers just in case, one never knows...

Who's Arianrhod and why is she so goshdarn powerful?

What do the Orouboros want exactly and who are they (member list with a brief description, if possible)?

Who is Ian Grimwood?

Thanks for the previous answers :D

I know that maybe some of them may be redundant and I apologize in advance for that :$

13. Reta

Reta New Member

Having not played Zero or Ao, I'm not in a position to answer questions 1 and 3, but I'll warn you that multiple major twists have to do with the second one. Be careful what you ask for.

Also, if you've been listening to the series' music, stay far away from FalcomClassics (aka Falcom Material Collection)'s channel, as it contains many spoilers in thumbnails.

14. Karrion42

Karrion42 New Member

I know that I'm asking for spoilers, don't worry, I really like them, really, most of the time, they drive to play the games, that's why I said that I'm kind of a spoilerphile. It may be strange, but that's how it is.

Thanks for your concern, though.

15. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

Good call in this case as two of the questions are themselves spoiler-y and the full answers to each one are big spoilers for all the games, especially 2 as noted. I'll answer them out of order for brevity and will be limiting the details on purpose. If you want more, I can provide them.

We don't know exactly but we can say for certain that their ultimate goal requires them to have all seven treasures of the Goddess. As of the most recent game, they've obtained two and are on their way to obtaining the third. Membership:

- The Master: In charge, very mysterious.

- The Anguis: Seven in number, also known as the Pillars of Ouroboros. They tend to be in charge of large operations. We've seen all of them but can't put names and faces to all of them yet.

Second Anguis: Vita Clotilde 'The Azure Abyss', coordinating the second half of the Phantom Blaze Plan in Erebonia.

Third Anguis: Georg Weissmann 'The Faceless', coordinated the Gospel Plan.

Sixth Anguis: F. Novartis, the head of Workshop Thirteen, a series of distributed facilities which produce all of Ouroboros' mechanical terrors. Has access to technology beyond conventional understanding.

Seventh Anguis: Arianrhod 'The Steel Saint'. See below

- Legion: Ouroboros' primary agents in the field. Their missions are voluntary and they can (and do) act independently.

Legion 0: Campanella 'The Fool'. An observer tasked to oversee the various Plans for the purpose of compiling accurate reports. There's more to him than meets the eye.

Legion II: Leonhardt 'The Sword Emperor', aka Loewe (which everyone calls him). Joshua's big brother figure, most powerful fighter in the original trilogy, subject of his own sidestory manga.

Legion VI: Lucciola 'The Bewitching Bell', a master of illusions.

Legion VIII: Walter 'The Lanky Wolf', an arrogant martial artist.

Legion IX: Sharon Kruger and I haven't figured out a good translation for her title yet, nor has Falcom given us an official one. Part time Super Maid.

Legion X: Bleublanc 'The Phantom Thief', aka 'Phantom Thief B'. The name says it all. He's also very very weird.

Legion XIII: Joshua Astray 'The Black Fang': Former member.

Legion XV: Renne 'The Genocide Angel': Death in a frilly dress.

- Other

Shirley Orlando: Recruited at the end of Ao to become a new Legion.

Mariabell Crois: Recruited at the end of Ao to become a new Anguis.
    She's Lianne Sandlot, a woman who led a unit of knights called the Eisenritter 250 years ago during the Lion War, canonized as St. Lianne 'The Spear Saint'. How she is still alive is a mystery which probably has to do with the concept of the 'Shura' which we don't know too much about. She's had a long time to get very very good at fighting and is easily the most powerful character in the franchise. Her new name and title are based on her original name and title.
    A lawyer from Crossbell and one of the leaders of the 'Azure Zero' plan to rewrite the history of Crossbell using the power of the recreated Demiourgos.

16. Reta

Reta New Member

Just out of curiosity, Yotaka, will you be summarizing the 3rd (and/or Zero and Ao) in the same way you're doing SC?

17. omgfloofy

omgfloofy Well-Known Member

To give Yotaka a rest, I'm tempted to take on 3rd when I sit down tomorrow. It can get real slow at work sometimes. xD

18. Yotaka

Yotaka Well-Known Member

By all means, you'll probably do a better job of it anyways. Now, I have something to post in the other topic...

19. overthebarrier

overthebarrier New Member

Jeez, you guys are hard working. Okay, I'll pick up Zero and Ao.

20. nivorae

nivorae New Member

@omgfloofy, yotaka, overthebarrier: please do not overdo it, it is beyond my (and i am certain others') gratitude you want to take up this "little" project. Just do not feel like you're mandatory to do it, i really understand it takes a lot of time considering how big the games are. Please keep it in your own capabilities .

@karrion42: you might check out this thread regularly, omgfloofy, yotaka, overthebarrier are working on overviews of all games (and quite detailed as a matter of fact), you might learn a lot from them ^.^