Any patch planned for Ys: Memories of Celceta?

Discussion in 'Ys Series' started by BrokenFantasy1985, Oct 5, 2018.

1. I really want to continue with the game but I keep running into frickin' cutscene glitches and it's really a fun killer. PLEASE tell me you will release a patch to fix these in the near future. Unless it's just a problem with my PC...

2. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

I'll ask about this in the office tomorrow morning, but emailing support@xseedgames.com really is your best bet here -- if you email support with your issue, at least three different people in the company will be instantly made aware that it's still happening to you, and will be professionally obligated to take steps to help figure out why so at least one of them can write you back with a response. Whereas if you just leave it up to me to tell people in the office that a regular on our forums is having trouble with Celceta, chances are they're going to assume it's an isolated incident and the matter will slip through the cracks.

I will try to stress that it's impacting your gameplay experience, but I would very strongly recommend sending an email to support as well, to ensure that you receive the help you need here. I know when I refer people to support, it sounds like I'm just brushing them off, but our support team is really conscientious and responsive -- I'd trust them a hell of a lot more than I'd trust me to get your problem fixed. I've got a goldfish memory and no technical expertise whatsoever, so even when I remember to bring them up, people rarely take support concerns from me seriously. ;)

Really sorry this issue is occurring, though! It's pretty surprising, honestly, as the game's programming is really tight -- Hyde is very good at what they do. I suspect this must be something really small and stupid that's ballooned into a big problem under a very specific, very unusual set of circumstances.

-Tom

BrokenFantasy1985 likes this.
  3. I did email support. Was hoping I would get a response from them, but no dice so far. Thanks for the advice!

4. Wyrdwad

Oh, man, really? Surprised you haven't, but that likely just means the issue is still being looked into. I'll try to poke someone today, though I assume at this point it's simply a matter of waiting for a response from Hyde.

Sorry again for the trouble!

-Tom

5. LOL, thanks man. I hope the issue can get resolved soon, because in all other aspects it's a great port!

6. Wyrdwad

Almost forgot! I did poke my coworkers about this, and the issue has certainly been brought to Hyde's attention, but as far as they can tell, it's only happening to a very small number of users, and they're under the impression that those few people it IS happening to are likely playing the game on computers that are either below the recommended specs for the game, or are playing with their graphics settings dialed up much higher than what their computers can handle.

Our general recommendation is to open the game's configuration menu and turn down the graphics settings to low, which should keep the problem from happening again.

If this doesn't seem to work for you, or if your computer is a high-end PC that should be able to handle the game on higher graphics settings without issue, please send another email to support with as much information about your PC as possible -- DxDiag files, general system specs, etc. The more information you can provide, the better they'll be able to determine the cause of the issue. (I'm not sure if you've done this already, since I don't personally have any access to our support email, so apologies if you already have.)

In general, though, it sounds like this issue is directly related to the game's graphics engine, and is more specifically tied to dropped frames due to graphics settings above what's recommended for your system. If you turn down the detail, it should kill the problem. Hopefully.

Not the most ideal answer, but it's all we've got for the moment until Hyde is able to more thoroughly figure out a solution to this problem for all users.

Hope it helps!

-Tom

BrokenFantasy1985 likes this.