Akiba's Trip Crashes Very Frequently

Discussion in 'Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed' started by The999eagle, May 28, 2015.

1. The999eagle

The999eagle New Member

I wanted to play the game and even was able to play it for a few minutes until I was in Akiba for the first time. That means character creation worked and I could watch the first few cutscenes, but after that it crashed. Since then the game crashed at random times everytime I tried to play it. Sometimes right after the XSEED logo, sometimes in the main menu, sometimes during the loading screen and somtimes actually when I try to move in the world.
    The windows eventviewer report an Access Violation Exception in C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll for every crash.
    My system:
    -AMD A10-5750M APU
    -AMD HD 8500M graphics
    -12GB RAM
    -Windows 10 TP

I've even tried different graphics drivers (latest regular, latest beta and Windows update driver), but everytime random crashes with the same error.
    I hope you can help me :(

Edit: Yes, I know my PC is close to a toaster, but when I played the game for the first time it ran at about 27 FPS, so it should work...

2. YouSchmuck

YouSchmuck New Member

Have you tried running the game as admin? it may be a permissions issue that's preventing the game from utilising that specific layering dll file. Also, as you're using Windows 10, tried running in compatibility mode for 8.1 or 7?

3. The999eagle

The999eagle New Member

Yes I've tried every combination of running as admin and Windows 7 / 8 compatibility mode. I tried running the game in fullscreen and in window, both with multiple resolutions, and validating the game files through Steam everytime. I also just tried using the Visual Studio debugger when the crash happens, which displays the same Access Violation Exception and after that a Heap Corruption Exception...

Edit: Wow, running the game in Vista (SP2) compatibility mode and as admin enables me to actually play it! Until the first dialog in the open world starts where the game crashes again. (Still with the same error)

4. Sikboy1029

Sikboy1029 New Member

Crashes on exit a lot or when I die and restart.

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.150316-1654)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: ASUS
    System Model: All Series
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/30/14 16:18:41 Ver: 20.12
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16326MB RAM
    Page File: 3626MB used, 29872MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 970
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_19723842&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4095 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 3072 MB

5. Sikboy1029

Sikboy1029 New Member

Seems even less stable with the latest nvidia drivers.