Akiba's Trip 2 (Playstation 3 / Vita)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shizukari, Nov 9, 2013.

1. tilinelson2

tilinelson2 Active Member

Judging by the cover, that game is something I would certainly get.

Judging by superficial first impressions and other indications, it looks like the game is a modest success, which is already a lot for Acquire.

I only advise to take Sinobi figures with a grain of salt because recently people has been quoting their figures on forums and even news sites, but they are more often than not wrong.

2. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Knowing you, you'd love the game.

3. tilinelson2

You know I care only about gameplay.

Okay, but talking about gameplay, I love how the fights in this game really look like street brawls instead of coreographed martial arts fights.

4. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

It's like Way of the Samurai meets Kenka Bancho, with a very crazy plot.

5. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

First week sales in Japan:

{2011-05-19} [PSP] Akiba's Trip - 51,465 / 94,426
    {2012-06-14} [PSP] Akiba's Trip Plus - 26,902 / 46,529
    {2013-11-07} [PS3] Akiba's Trip 2 - 19,483 / NEW
    {2013-11-07} [PSV] Akiba's Trip 2 - 34,867 / NEW

If you add the PS3 + Vita sales, it's 54,350. I think digital sales should be strong, it should be above 60k now, a big feat for Acquire and GungHo.

6. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

*whistles* Nice sales is nice. Congrats Acquire and GungHo.

7. tilinelson2

The numbers look good and it has great chances having a reasonable hold next week with GE2 + Vita TV launch.

8. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Now, let's get it to the West.

9. Kintoki

Kintoki New Member

Yeah, but none of you bought WotS4. : /

That aside, does the plot have any connections to the first game?

10. VongolaGearX

VongolaGearX Member

im throwing in my support for this too

11. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Having recently Acquired a copy of this game myself (HAHAHA GET IT?!), I can confirm that it's pretty much a standalone story. It has some subtle nods to the first, but they're extremely minor and don't have any actual bearing on the plot. It almost feels like this game is a reboot -- it's a really odd sequel that way.

Very good game, though. Big improvement over the first, and quite addictive. And it seems like it would be an absolute blast to localize -- the dialogue is hilarious and beautifully written. I hope we get a chance to work on it, because I think we'd have a lot of fun doing so, and I think you guys would have a lot of fun playing it.

Guess I'll add it to the long list of games to push for, and hope Ken doesn't snap and murder me in my sleep for all my constant badgering. ;)

-Tom

12. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

Hey, it's from Acquire, XSEED has done worse games from them!

13. akito666

akito666 New Member

Your attitude towards pushing games for localization is very admirable! I like that! :)

14. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

It'd be a shame if XSEED brought the bad Acquire games, and left out the better ones in Japan. That said, Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls is the best Acquire game XSEED has ever dealt with.

15. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Does anyone else besides you like it?

16. Wyrdwad

Wyrdwad Administrator Staff Member

Everybody I know of who's played it loves it. The only complaint people seem to have is that they're afraid the combat might get stale after a while... but somehow, it never actually does! It's not that it varies a lot, it's just... fun. So fun that it never really gets old, no matter how many times you do it. And some of the fights in this game are really impressive in scope (like, a 3 vs. 30 situation!).

It really is probably the best Acquire game I've played to date -- and by quite a bit, at that. I was pretty iffy on it when I first picked it up, as I liked the original but didn't LOVE it... but I can honestly say, this one is really top-notch stuff. Rough around the edges, but highly polished everywhere it counts, genuinely funny, and extremely addictive.

-Tom

17. LeonTekashi

LeonTekashi New Member

Well look at Senran Kagura Burst. The combat can be a bit repetitive and might grow stale even when you learn new moves, but people still like it from what I've seen. I still suggest keep pushing for this for localization. =)

18. Shizukari

Shizukari New Member

I'm hopeful this won't be left in Japan this time around.

19. Lolitatan

Lolitatan New Member

Hopefully the localization god's good grace will keep smiling down on us

20. denpanosekai

denpanosekai New Member

Will pay full price for this localization. I want a map of Akihabara as a bonus ;)