13 Sentinels (Ps Vita Ps4)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by asdronin, Sep 19, 2015.

1. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Hi all,
    This being a Vanilaware game might come to the west I guess, looks interesting featuring mecha and Vanilaware art style that makes it looks like handpainted, even if we cant tell much about its way to be played, what do you think? might Xseed pick this one? I know it might be Atlus but they dont bring all titles and I dont know if there is a kind of restriction like if its not Atlus then its nobody else

2. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Atlus will bring this, since they have such a strong relationship with Vanilla. XSEED errrr that's a story for another day (GKH v_v...) Aksys is the next big "maybe".

3. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

Yeah, if XSEED localized this that would be about as surprising as them localizing another Furyu game. Maybe even more so, since Atlus will very likely localize it.

4. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Terrozoz, I think you are right, I know Atlus havent brought all Vanilaware stuff (yes GKH etc guess Sony handhelds are all doomed) but still it seems as you said, lastly they are bringing many Vanila games among the few they are making I mean, like they take a lot of time due to artcraft style they use even with the engine that they use for animatons and stuff it seems like it takes a whole lot to make a single game compared to other companies, Im not compaining of course, their style and art is awesome and worth waiting for it..

Chaosblade77 I didnt know Xseed had such low possibilities upon this, seeing the history after what you said I think you are right, I have just read about the past events like them saying they were not going to localize the Vita's Corpse party and so on, guess as said the most suitable and possibly the one really bringing this to the west is Atlus, lets hope they dont skip on this just because it seems too much "japanese" for the west, like it features some students exploring a post apocalyptic world with huge mechas, so I hope someone is bringing it anyway.

5. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Well-Known Member

XSEED's history with Vanillaware isn't very good, they are 0/2 in attempts to localize their games. First they announced Muramasa, but it ended up getting handed off to Ignition for some reason (along with Arc Rise Fantasia). Then they had Grand Knight's History completely translated and edited, but for whatever reason things got hairy and they weren't able to release it. XSEED has said they weren't at fault in any of those situations (they didn't lose ARF "by choice," and GKH apparently fell through because Vanillaware was too busy to hold up their end of the deal and do the programming).

I'd guess XSEED wouldn't be too thrilled about the idea of working with Vanillaware again.

6. Terro

Terro Well-Known Member

Sending it to Ignition was a terrible choice on Vanillaware's part :/ They had a couple good properties, but it's like they were only around for a few years and then disappeared into thin air and folded or whatever :/

7. DustyStarr

DustyStarr Well-Known Member

I am sure sending it to Ignition was their way of being cheap. I mean... Ignition could not have charged that much considering how shoddy their work is.

8. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Probably is as said, they only wanted their game localized so anything was good, I know Xseed history with Vanila isnt make us spect they pick it but if Atlus is not doing that then options are open I guess (even if it looks quite unlikely)

9. kytos

kytos New Member

Eh, I'm betting this will get localized.

10. asdronin

asdronin New Member

Cool then =), also I hope they localize the Vita version too